Conquer Kilimanjaro – Northern Circuit
Let us go on an adventure to the side of East Africa where the lavish landscapes, wondrous wildlife and the ever passionate people come together to make the music called life.
Are you ready to take on the challenge of standing on the “Roof of Africa”?
Join us on a once in a lifetime experience as we ascend Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro. We’ll help you plan the climb that gives you the best chance of reaching the summit.
The hike is led by experienced expert guides and you will also be assisted by a friendly crew of mountaineers to ensure your Kilimanjaro experience is truly unforgettable.
Details & Itinerary
The Northern Circuit route is one of the best routes on Kilimanjaro, offering nearly 360 degrees of beautiful scenery including the quiet, rarely visited northern slopes. As the longest route on Kilimanjaro, the Northern Circuit also has the most acclimatization time and the highest summit success rate.
- Day 1: Londorossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa (7,742 ft to 9,498 ft)
- Day 2: Mti Mkubwa to Shira 1 Camp (9,498 ft to 11,500 ft)
- Day 3: Shira 1 Camp to Shira 2 Camp (11,500 ft to 12,500 ft)
- Day 4: Shira 2 Camp to Lava Tower to Moir Hut (12,500 ft to 15,190 ft to 13,580 ft)
- Day 5: Moir Hut to Buffalo Camp (13,580 ft to 13,200 ft)
- Day 6: Buffalo Camp to Third Cave (13,200 ft to 12,700 ft)
- Day 7: Third Cave to School Hut (12,700 ft to 15,600 ft)
- Day 8: School Hut to Uhuru Peak to Mweka Camp (15,600 ft to 19,341 ft to 10,065 ft)
- Day 9: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate (10,065 ft to 5,380 ft)
Contact a Travel Specialist
At Akara Expeditions, we believe your trip should be designed just for you. The above expedition is an example showcasing available experience combinations that you can use to create your expedition with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.