Conquer Kilimanjaro – Machame Route
Let us go on an adventure to the side of East Africa where the lavish landscapes, wondrous wildlife and the ever passionate people come together to make the music called life.
Are you ready to take on the challenge of standing on the “Roof of Africa”?
Join us on a once in a lifetime experience as we ascend Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro. We’ll help you plan the climb that gives you the best chance of reaching the summit.
The hike is led by experienced expert guides and you will also be assisted by a friendly crew of mountaineers to ensure your Kilimanjaro experience is truly unforgettable.
Details & Itinerary
The Machame Route, also known as the “Whiskey” route, is regarded as the most scenic route on Kilimanjaro. However, the trail is considered difficult, steep and challenging. Therefore this route is better suited for more adventurous folks or those with some high altitude, hiking or backpacking experience.
- Day 1: Machame Gate to Machame Camp (5,380 ft to 9,350 ft)
- Day 2: Machame Camp to Shira 2 Camp (9,350 ft to 12,500 ft)
- Day 3: Shira 2 Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp (12,500 ft to 15,190 ft to 13,044 ft)
- Day 4: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp (13,044 ft to 13,106 ft)
- Day 5: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (13,106 ft to 15,331 ft)
- Day 6: Barafu Camp to Uhuru Peak to Mweka Camp (15,331 ft to 19,341 ft to 10,065 ft)
- Day 7: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate (10,065 ft to 5,380 ft)
Contact a Travel Specialist
At Akara Expeditions, we believe your trip should be designed just for you. The above expedition is an example showcasing available experience combinations that you can use to create your expedition with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.