Conquer Kilimanjaro – Lemosho Route
Let us go on an adventure to the side of East Africa where the lavish landscapes, wondrous wildlife and the ever passionate people come together to make the music called life.
Are you ready to take on the challenge of standing on the “Roof of Africa”?
Join us on a once in a lifetime experience as we ascend Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro. We’ll help you plan the climb that gives you the best chance of reaching the summit.
The hike is led by experienced expert guides and you will also be assisted by a friendly crew of mountaineers to ensure your Kilimanjaro experience is truly unforgettable.
Details & Itinerary
The Lemosho route is a superb choice for your climb due to its ideal balance of low crowds, beautiful scenery and a high summit success rate.
- Day 1: Londorossi Gate to Mti Mkubwa (7,742 ft to 9,498 ft)
- Day 2: Mti Mkubwa to Shira 1 Camp (9,498 ft to 11,500 ft)
- Day 3: Shira 1 Camp to Moir Hut (11,500 ft to 13,800 ft)
- Day 4: Moir Hut to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp (13,800 ft to 15,190 ft to 13,044 ft)
- Day 5: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp (13,044 ft to 13,106 ft)
- Day 6: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (13,106 ft to 15,331 ft)
- Day 7: Barafu Camp to Uhuru Peak to Mweka Camp (15,331 ft to 19,341 ft to 10,065 ft)
- Day 8: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate (10,065 ft to 5,380 ft)
Contact a Travel Specialist
At Akara Expeditions, we believe your trip should be designed just for you. The above expedition is an example showcasing available experience combinations that you can use to create your expedition with one of our dedicated Travel Specialists.